Terms of Skip Hire
Terms of Skip Hire/Waste Removal
- For the purposes of these conditions: ‘’Carrier’’ means B&B Skip Hire Limited trading as B&B Skips; ‘’Customer/Producer’’ means the person named as such overleaf.
- The hiring of the bin will commence on the date and time of delivery of the bin to the address stated overleaf. Hire period is for 7 days unless otherwise agreed. After 7 days an additional charge of £2 per day may be imposed.
- The hiring charge will continue to be chargeable until the Customer/Producer has complied will all terms of the hire.
- Payment shall be due on or before delivery for non-account customers and 30 days from invoice for all account customers unless previously arranged.
- The Carrier warrants that where the bin is to be positioned on private property all such permissions as are necessary for access to the site and the depositing of the bin at that site have been obtained and will continue at all times throughout the hiring, providing we act with reasonable care and skill and are not negligent we will not accept liability for loss or damage suffered by the customer.
- Access to where the bin is to be delivered/collected must be free from obstruction, i.e. trees, low wires etc. In the event that the Customer/Producer orders the vehicle to enter the property they do so entirely at their own risk against advice of B&B Skips representative. Providing we act with reasonable care and skill and are not negligent we will not accept liability for loss or damage suffered by the customer.
- Pavements, driveways and manhole covers etc., may not be constructed to carry the weight of a heavy vehicle. In the event of the Customer/Producer ordering the vehicle off the public highway against our advice they accept full responsibility for any damage which may be caused. Providing we act with reasonable care and skill and are not negligent we will not accept liability for loss or damage suffered by the customer.
- The Customer/Producer must:
(a) Not light fires in the bin; (b) Not over load the bin beyond the sides of the bin (overloaded bins will not be moved); (c) Not board up the bin; (d) Not re-site the bin unless required to do so by a Constable of the Highway Authority; (e) Notify the Carrier as soon as the bin is filled; (f) Not remove or interfere with any identification mark on the bin; (g) Immediately notify the Carrier of any accident or damage to or involving the bin.
- Where the bin has been placed on the Highway, the Customer/Producer must:
(a) Guard the bin at all times with traffic cones placed in an oblique line; (b) Place light and maintain the lamps, attached to the bin, and the cones, from half an hour after sunset to half an hour before sunrise; (c) Ensure that the Highway is left clean, tidy and free from debris.
- The Customer/Producer shall ensure that the bin is loaded so that:
(a) The contents shall not fall on the Highway, at rest or in transit; (b) Dust will not escape while loading or travelling; (c) No inflammable, explosive, noxious, corrosive or dangerous material or anything which is, or becomes, a nuisance is loaded
- The Customer/Producer warrants to the Carrier that the information (including the information overleaf) given by the Customer/Producer in this form is complete and accurate and the Customer/Producer hereby indemnifies the Carrier against all costs, claims, demands and liabilities in respect of any information which is to prove inaccurate or further indemnifies the Carrier against all fines, penalties and liabilities imposed on the Carrier or arising in respect of any non- compliance or contravention of any law or regulation relating to the bin and its contents together with the costs or expenses relating here to incurred by the Carrier. The consumer will not be held liable, however, for these costs or expenses if incurred as a result of negligence of the Carrier, his employees or agents.
- The Customer/Producer shall be solely responsible for, and hold the Carrier fully indemnified against all claims, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, proceedings, costs and expenses which may be brought against or incurred by the Carrier as a result of any accident involving the bin and its contents (other than damage, death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Carrier, his employees or agents).
- Missing or stolen bins, cones and lamps shall be notified to the Carrier and will be charged at replacement cost.
- Damage to bins, cones and lamps will be charged at cost of repair.
- All skip sizes are approximate (to manufacturer’s specifications).
No Asbestos, LPG bottles, tyres, fridges, freezers, liquid, toxic, fluorescent tubes or anything that may cause an environmental hazard. No human/animal waste. No food waste. The above list is not exhaustive. We can dispose of most of these wastes by special arrangement – please contact us in advance.
B&B Skip Hire Ltd reserve the right to not lift any skip that is deemed to be overloaded, dangerous or unsecure.
I understand and agree that B&B Skip Hire Ltd do not accept any responsibility for containers requested to stand on the Highway/or damage caused by vehicle leaving the Highway.
Providing we act with reasonable care and skill and are not negligent, we will not accept liability for loss or damage suffered by the customer.